Tested on animals:No
With March came the official start of spring and a bountiful bouquet of new makeup products. They include a lot of new favorites, from satiny shadows to dewy foundations and a silky powder to set the whole look.
March’s Best (4-Star or Higher) Makeup Products
1. Paula’s Choice Skincare Resist Flawless Finish Pressed Powder ($15) – This fragrance-free pressed powder gets it right in a number of ways: Its superfine texture means it looks natural, not cakey, it blends like a dream, and its sheer-to-light coverage helps blur imperfections while setting makeup.
2. Colourpop Super Shock Shadow - Satin ($5) – A true beauty bargain, this creamy shadow is exceptionally smooth and easy to apply, and features rich color that lasts all day without fading.
3. Becca Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation ($44) – Think “dewy” has to equal “shimmery?” Becca’s lightweight liquid foundation achieves its moisturizing finish thanks to the inclusion of good-for-skin ingredients. Its natural-looking sheer to light coverage is perfect for those with dry to very dry skin looking for minor coverage of imperfections.
4. L’Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Definer ($8.99) – This drugstore brow product has a lot in common with some its higher-end competitors (namely Anastasia’s Brow Wiz), and that’s a good thing! With adaptable, highly pigmented, smudge-proof shades and an applicator that makes styling a snap, it’s a homerun in every way.
5. Clinique Pop Lacquer Lip Colour + Primer ($18) – Though the primer aspect of this liquid lipstick is overstated, there’s still a lot to love here; namely its bold color in a single coat that feels balmy and moisturizing, leaving lips feeling conditioned even after it’s faded.
6. Maybelline Dream Blender ($5.99) – Essentially a makeup sponge with a handle, this “blender” does a great job smoothing foundation for quick and even coverage, with a pointed tip that works great for getting to smaller areas of the face.
7. Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Hydrating Primer ($36) – A lightweight serum/lotion combo, this primer leaves skin feeling soft and mildly hydrated, creating an exceptionally smooth canvas for makeup.
To see more of the latest product reviews from all brands, check out the New Reviews Section.