This thin-textured, very fluid, fragrance-free daytime moisturizer with sunscreen provides broad-spectrum protection that includes stabilized avobenzone for reliable UVA (anti-aging) screening.
Due to the thin texture, Topix (the brand behind the Replenix line) packaged this to ensure the product is easy to dispense without making a mess. It's housed in an opaque squeeze bottle that's topped with a needle-nose dispenser, but be careful when using this because it's as fluid as water. The packaging works well to keep the antioxidants stable and effective during use, which is always a plus.
Best for normal to oily or combination skin (with or without breakouts), this super-light daytime moisturizer smoothes on easily and sets to a soft matte finish that wears well under makeup.
As mentioned above, the formula contains antioxidants, and all of them have notable research pertaining to the benefit during daylight hours, when UV light is present.
Note: Because this product is regulated in the United States as an over-the-counter drug, its inactive ingredients are listed in alphabetical order rather than in descending order of content. Although this is allowable, we have far more respect for companies that choose instead to list their non-active sunscreen ingredients in descending order of concentration, so that you know more about what you are putting on your face, just like with any other skin-care or makeup product.
- Provides broad-spectrum sun protection.
- Contains several tried-and-true antioxidants.
- Packaging keeps light- and air-sensitive ingredients stable and ensures this product's runny texture doesn't lead to an inconvenient mess.
- Soft matte finish and weightless feel are great for oily, breakout-prone skin.
- Wears well under makeup.
- The ingredient label is in alphabetical order instead of descending order of concentration, so you can't tell how much of any ingredient, whether it's good or bad, you are actually putting on your face.