How RESIST Anti-Aging Works
Recommended RESIST Products
Are Paula’s Choice RESIST Products Best for You?
Many of you ask about how to add RESIST products into your current Paula's Choice SKIN RECOVERY, SKIN BALANCING or CALM skincare routines. Others of you ask if they should only be using RESIST products.
Along with the two questions above, we’re also frequently asked:
- Question: Is RESIST only for mature skin?
- Answer: No, it can be for anyone’s skin if they want to gain benefit for fighting signs of aging in the short term and most definitely for the long term.
- Question: I’m in my 20s; am I too young to use RESIST?
- Answer: You can’t be too young for RESIST. The ingredients are perfectly formulated to address skincare needs at any age. Whether you are 20 or 50 or older, you can be experiencing multiple signs of aging, including enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, dullness, rough surface texture, clogged pores, and wrinkles. You will not lose the benefit of these ingredients by starting too early.
- Question: How is RESIST different from other Paula’s Choice collections?
- Answer: RESIST Anti-aging products have advanced selections of targeted products for a wide range of skin concerns related to aging skin. However, all Paula's Choice skincare collections provide anti-aging benefits thanks to ingredients that help smooth the visible signs of aging such as fine lines and wrinkles. The difference is that RESIST offers more concentrated and directed options than the other product collections.
- Question: What if I have wrinkles and breakouts at the same time?
- Answer: Paula’s Choice RESIST Anti-aging for Normal to Oily/Combination skin is absolutely the best option for you. No other cosmetic company has assembled a skincare routine to meet the needs of people who want to tackle their signs of aging but also are struggling with oily skin, clogged pores, enlarged pores, and signs of dehydration. These products won’t dry out oily skin or make clogged pores worse. For best results on adult acne, pair with products from Paula’s Choice CLEAR.
What is the Difference between RESIST, SKIN RECOVERY, SKIN BALANCING, and CALM?
Whether you're considering RESIST for normal to dry skin or normal to oily skin, the RESIST products contain greater levels of anti-aging ingredients in innovative formulas for fighting the appearance of wrinkles, providing firmer-looking skin, and improving uneven skin tone.
The Paula's Choice collections outside of RESIST are first designed to address the needs of specific skin types. For example, the SKIN RECOVERY range provides greater levels of soothing agents and emollients for dry to very dry skin, while SKIN BALANCING products provide lighter, pore minimizing, matte finish formulas for those with oily or combination skin.
The difference between these collections and RESIST is that anti-aging is not their specific focus, skin type is--although they absolutely provide your skin with anti-aging ingredients.
The RESIST line for normal to dry skin provides skin-smoothing hydration and silky, emollient ingredients that renew skin’s appearance, leaving it soft and supple.
The RESIST line for normal to oily skin helps to reduce clogged, enlarged pores and red areas without drying out skin while also improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (without feeling heavy or greasy).
Mix and Match for Customized Results
It’s perfectly fine and we strongly recommend that if you’re enjoying the results, you not give up your SKIN RECOVERY, SKIN BALANCING, or CALM skincare routines and then jump into RESIST. Instead, you can use a mix of products from RESIST to enhance the other Paula’s Choice products you’re using. This depends more on your specific skin care concerns and your texture preferences (for example, gel vs. cream).
When Should You Start Using Anti-Aging Skincare?
The term 'anti-aging' has different meanings for different people. In many instances, it's used to describe a group of products that you must "graduate to" once you reach a certain age. But, despite this thinking, the truth is age is not a skin type!
There’s no magic number of years when you should begin using anti-aging products, just as there isn't a specific age when you should start eating healthy, nutritious foods. Skin needs anti-aging ingredients throughout your lifetime—you cannot begin too early, and waiting until you see signs of aging doesn't make any sense, either.
Ideally, anti-aging is about giving skin of any age more of what it needs to replenish and renew, fight signs of environmental stress, and look younger.
The Best Skin of Your Life Starts Here: The same type of research used to create this article is also used to formulate Paula’s Choice Skincare products. You’ll find products for all skin types and a range of concerns, from acne and sensitive skin to wrinkles, pores, and sun damage. With Paula’s Choice Skincare, you can get (and keep) the best skin of your life! See Paula's Choice Resist Anti-Aging Products.