Which Booster is Right for Me?
Paula's Choice Anti-Aging Boosters
What Are Skincare Boosters (and Who Are They For)?
At Paula’s Choice, our only mission is to create the best skincare products to help you have the best skin of your life. Years of ongoing research has led us to formulate remarkable antioxidant serums, truly amazing retinol products, phenomenal exfoliants, and a range of moisturizers filled with skin-restoring ingredients for every skin type—but we wanted to go even further. This thinking inspired our collection of targeted solutions we refer to as "Boosters."
Each Paula’s Choice Booster provides specialized anti-aging benefits, and you can add them to your current routine (either daily or simply when needed) for enhanced results. Here are the key details about each Booster, what they can do, and who they’re for. Regardless of your skin type, we think you’ll find these ingenious products are wonderfully versatile and incredibly effective, taking results from your skincare routine to the next level!
How to apply these skincare gems. Each of these boosters can be applied after cleansing, toning, and using your exfoliant. After you’ve applied the booster you can follow with your serum and moisturizer. Alternately, you can just end with your booster, as that may be enough for your skin type and concerns. You can also mix a couple of drops of your booster into your moisturizer. Paula’s Choice is all about customizing your skincare routine to create the best results just for you.
RESIST 10% Niacinamide Booster
- 10% niacinamide (vitamin B3) helps minimize pore size and improve uneven skin tone.
- Light-as-water fluid consistency works for all skin types.
- Additional antioxidants and skin-replenishing ingredients boost anti-aging benefits.
- Soothing agents help calm skin.
- Works beautifully with our AHA or BHA exfoliants and other anti-aging solutions.
RESIST C15 Super Booster
- A potent high-strength 15% vitamin C solution for all skin types.
- Water-like fluid texture mixes easily with any moisturizer and helps improve skin texture.
- Improves the feeling of lost firmness, brightens and increases radiance, impressively evens skin tone and diminishes the look of marks on skin.
- Excellent for advanced signs of aging; can also be used around the eyes.
RESIST Moisture Renewal Oil Booster
- A blend of nine non-fragrant plant oils plus skin-restoring, nourishing ingredients provide immediate relief for dry, tight skin on the face or around the eyes.
- Fluid oil texture works perfectly for dry to very dry skin and temperamental, red skin.
- Excellent as a soothing spot treatment over dehydrated areas of skin.
- During seasonal changes, don’t worry about finding a new moisturizer; rather, add this to your skincare routine before you apply your moisturizer.
- Works beautifully with any skincare routine including our AHA and BHA exfoliants, retinol products, and other anti-aging formulas.
RESIST Hyaluronic Acid Booster
- Moisture-boosting hyaluronic acid holds a 1,000 times its weight in water to hydrate skin
- Skin-restoring ingredients combine to visibly plump dry, dehydrated skin, softening and smoothing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dramatically improves skin texture.
- Gel texture glides on to immediately renew moisture.
- During seasonal changes, don’t worry about finding a new moisturizer; rather, add this to your skincare routine before you apply your moisturizer,
- Can be used with any of our AHA or BHA exfoliants, retinol products, and our anti-aging formulas.
RESIST 1% Retinol Booster
- 1% stabilized, pure retinol, antioxidants, and other ingredients helps to visibly improve the vitality and suppleness of skin, fortify and nourish, and dramatically correct skin tone and loss of firmness.
- Water-based weightless fluid makes it an ideal formula to use with any skincare routine.
- Formulated to easily glide on skin and absorb quickly.
- Gives you drop-by-drop control, to apply the appropriate amount of retinol for your skincare needs.
- Works superbly with any of our AHA or BHA exfoliants and other anti-aging products.
How to Add a Booster to Your Skincare Routine
Here’s an example of how the different Paula’s Choice Boosters can fit into your morning and evening skincare routines. In the example routine below, we feature the C15 Booster but this step-by-step application works for any of our boosters (and many people use more than one):
- Step 1: Cleanse.
- Step 2: Tone.
- Step 3: Apply AHA or BHA exfoliant.
- Step 4: Apply C15 Super Booster.
- Step 5: Apply daytime moisturizer with rating of SPF 30 or greater.
- Step 1: Cleanse.
- Step 2: Tone.
- Step 3: Apply AHA or BHA exfoliant or your weekly exfoliating solution.
- Step 4: Apply C15 Super Booster. If you want a boost of hydration you can apply our Hyaluronic Acid Booster or our Moisture Renewal Oil Booster.
- Step 5: Apply your serum.
- Step 6: Apply your moisturizer.
- Step 7: (optional) Apply eye cream.
The Best Skin of Your Life Starts Here: The same type of research used to create this article is also used to formulate Paula’s Choice Skincare products. You’ll find products for all skin types and a range of concerns, from acne and sensitive skin to wrinkles, pores, and sun damage. With Paula’s Choice Skincare, you can get (and keep) the best skin of your life! See Paula's Choice Anti-Aging Boosters.