The problem with most shaving creams is that they contain too much fragrance or problematic, irritating ingredients like menthol, various forms of mint, citrus, or eucalyptus. All of these can lead to redness, razor bumps, and other signs of irritation most men might associate with being normal side effects of the daily shave. Guys, it doesn't have to be like that, which PC4Men Shave ably proves!
This fragrance-free shaving cream offers a concentrated formula that produces a low lather and is easy to smooth over the beard area. Applying a thin layer to damp skin leads to a close shave without irritation, and the formula rinses easily from your razor blade and face, leaving skin feeling smooth.
We've added plant-based anti-irritants to provide extra soothing benefits and coconut oil for its natural moisturizing properties.
If we have any hesitation about this formula it's that the pH is a bit higher than we would ideally like and what we typically recommend. But because we've made this shave cream so gentle in every other regard, the benefit of the higher (more alkaline) pH for softening the hair follicle in order to make shaving easier seems a fair tradeoff.
- Protective, fragrance-free formula.
- Easy to apply, easy to rinse.
- Leaves skin feeling smooth.
- Anti-irritants reduce redness from shaving.
- Concentrated cream formula reduces the risk of razor burn and bumps.
- This has a higher (more alakline) pH than what we'd typically recommend for other rinse-off porducts like cleansers, but can be acceptable in a shave product.
Provides a close, clean shave without redness or irritation; Protects skin from razor burn and bumps; Concentrated cream formula rinses easily; 100% fragrance- and colorant-free; Leaves skin comfortably smooth
Water, Stearic Acid, Myristic Acid (fatty acid-based thickeners), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (non-fragrant moisturizing plant oil), Glycerin (skin-repairing agent), Potassium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Allantoin, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Arctium Majus Root Concentrate (plant-based anti-irritants), Carnosine (antioxidant), Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (plant-based anti-irritant), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster/stabilizer), Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid (skin-conditioning agent), Disodium EDTA (chelating agent), Caprylyl Glycol (preservative), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Benzalkonium Chloride (antimicrobial agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Disclosure: In addition to reviewing thousands of cosmetic products from hundreds of brands over the past 30 years, Paula also has her own line of products called Paula's Choice. Paula and her team's goal is to help you find the best products possible for your skin whether they are from Paula's Choice or some other product line. Paula's commitment to this is so strong she is the only cosmetics company owner in the world that recommends products other than her own. Paula and the Paula's Choice Research Team formulate our products to meet or exceed the criteria we use to review products from every other brand on this site. We review all products the same way using the same research, objective comments, and praise no matter whose product it is.
Paula's Choice was created in 1995 in response to the many readers who asked Paula to develop her own products. Given Paula's unique overview of the cosmetics industry, 30+ years of research, and earnest desire to help people find the best products for their skin-care needs, creating her own products was a natural extension of her work. Paula's Choice range of products are designed to meet the needs and preferences of just about every skin type and concern imaginable using only proven ingredients substantiated by published research.
Paula's Choice products provide:
- State-of-the-art formulas based on reliable, published skin-care research
- Proven effective solutions for wrinkles, acne, rosacea, and sensitive skin
- Gentle yet effective products for those seeking a natural skin-care routine
- Fragrance-free formulas (because it is what's best for your skin)
- Cruelty-free formulas: Paula's Choice does not test on animals during any stages of product development—nor do we contract with third parties to conduct animal testing on our behalf
- Environmentally-friendly products that feature minimalist packaging that ensures product efficacy
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee from our world-class Customer Service Team
Paula's Choice products and Paula's work is routinely praised by noted dermatologists and other professionals. New York-based dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman stated that "I have a lot of respect for Paula Begoun and the way she thoroughly researches her subject. Her recommendations about cosmetics and skin care are deservedly influential." Eminent Seattle-based dermatologist Dr. Brandith Irwin concurs: "She takes a complex subject and makes it easy to understand!"
For more information about Paula's Choice, call (800) 831-4088 or visit www.paulaschoice.com.