Thank you for your interest in Paula's Choice.
Paula's Choice (www.paulaschoice.com) is a Seattle area-based, Internet-only, global cosmetics company with distribution in over 47 countries (Indonesia, Singapore, Korea, Hong Kong, Australia, the EU, Canada, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia). Paula's Choice is seeking an experienced, talented individual to help lead the company into its next phase of growth.
Our founder, Paula Begoun is the best-selling author of several books about the cosmetics industry including Don't Go To The Cosmetics Counter Without Me. Over the past 30 years Paula's exhaustive research and quest for high quality, reasonably priced products led her to develop Paula's Choice in 1995, her own premier product line of makeup and skin-care products.
Paula's standards of quality and integrity are reflected in her product's formulations, dedication to the environment, and love of animals.
All positions require applicants to be within the Seattle area (Paula's Choice headquarters are located in Seattle, WA).
Why Work Here?
- Paula's Choice is a fast-growing, team-oriented company with generous compensation and benefit packages.
- Paula's Choice boasts remarkable products, a strong reputation, and a loyal and established consumer base from around the world.
- Paula's Choice offers an encouraging and cooperative work environment.
- Paula's Choice is an energetic and dynamic company with a dog-friendly workplace policy.
Don't miss your chance to be part of a company based on solid principles of integrity and empowering consumers.
Software Development Engineer - Test
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
Lead Software Design Engineer in Test leads/mentors a small team of Software Test Engineers, maintains and contributes to existing automation frameworks and owns the software quality assurance process end to end.
- Manage all aspects of test automation frameworks including but not limited to, maintaining existing automation, creating new automation and/or frameworks, test result reporting and associated tools
- Maintain the existing test processes and practices with a focus on refining and improving those practices
- Support the quality of all products we ship and help grow the team as we grow serve as a resource to other black box testers on the team, research the feasibility of continuous delivery, and contribute creative and innovative ideas to the business
- Other duties as assigned
- Advanced C# skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/Mentoring experience as it pertains to quality assurance
- 5+ years black box and white box experience testing scalable data driven web applications
- 3+ years of experience with test automation tools, preferably Selenium using .NET WebDriver, MSTest
- 1+ years testing WebAPI based services
- Understanding and testing for application performance and scalability
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Comfortable creating and managing test environments
- Previous experience with software using the Agile methodology
- Experience with Jeeves ERP and FiddlerCore API
- Writing and /or testing ASP.NET with MVC, MVVM
- Knowledge of localization and localizability testing
- Experience with Microsoft Internet Information Server (Web Deploy, deployment, configuration)
- Experience testing mobile apps
- Security testing experience
Associate Beauty Editor
Department: Content & Research
Reports To: Director of Content & Research
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
The Associate Beauty Editor is responsible for learning and maintaining the voice of the Paula’s Choice brand as well as becoming a Paula’s Choice product expert. This position must develop a strong understanding of how the Content & Research Team reviews skin care and makeup products from other brands so they can work in person, by telephone, and via email with various media outlets as well as create original written content for use on the company site or for the media.
This individual is a budding beauty expert who is able to verbally communicate complex, often confusing information with succinctness, humor, and flair while cross-promoting Paula’s Choice products and websites—all the while honing an already-strong familiarity with the cosmetics industry and the products on the market—particularly new products.
The position collaborates with the creative team, public relations, marketing, customer service, and IT teams to create new content and enhance existing content on our websites and in all other media channels, including books, videos, social media, and mobile.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience.
- Assist with the research, planning, and assembly of the upcoming 10th edition of the company’s best-selling book, Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me.
- Become immersed in our content so as to develop a deep, ongoing understanding of skin care and makeup from a marketing, problem-solving, and formulary perspective.
- Develop a strong understanding of the Paula’s Choice brand so as to be able to become a Product Expert who can successfully represent the brand in the media, such as television appearances and desk-sides with Beauty Editors of print and online publications.
- Develop and hone strong media skills in preparation for being pitched to national and local TV and radio as a beauty expert and part of the Paula’s Choice Research Team.
- Routinely engage and follow-up with influential beauty bloggers and vloggers in order to promote the Paula’s Choice brand.
This position is measured on the continual improvement of Paula’s Choice in the media and the direct correlation of sales, brand awareness, and site visits based on media initiatives.
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels.
- An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action
- Website and social media traffic growth
- Conversion metrics definition and growth
- Social media positive sentiment and engagement metrics
- Customer feedback and survey data
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications or marketing field
- Minimum 3–5 years’ experience in the beauty industry (excluding hair care/salons)
- Experience with creating compelling beauty-themed content for different target demographics
- Expertise in all major business software applications (Microsoft Office, Apple iOS)
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English language
- Must be comfortable speaking to the public in person and on camera
- The ability to speak persuasively about skin care, hair care, makeup, and other cosmetics-related topics
- Able to write content covering a wide range of cosmetic-related topics, citing relevant research when needed
- A passion for new technology tools and usage of those tools within blogs and social media outreach
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content
- Project management skills pertaining to editorial schedules and deadlines within corporate and ongoing campaigns
- Familiarity with principles of marketing (and the ability to adapt or ignore them as dictated by data)
- Incredible people skills
- Basic technical understanding of HTML and familiarity with it as it relates to web content
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, etc.) and leading social media monitoring platforms (Radian6, etc.)
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
Video Editing Intern
Department: Content & Research
Reports To: Social Media Manager/Senior Researcher
FLSA Status: non-exempt; 20-25 hrs./week; 4-6 month assignment
The Video Editor Intern supports the Content & Research department by editing raw video and audio footage to prepare them for finished segments destined for web/social media promotion.
- Editing raw video files (.MOV Quicktime format), including color, zoom, crop, use of cutaway scenes, and transitions
- Basic audio file editing (.WAV Audio), reducing background noises, enhancing and optimizing as needed; syncing audio with video footage
- Preparation of rough cut video segments for approval by the Social Media Manager
- Ability to work quickly, preparing multiple 2-5 minute video segments weekly
- Other duties as assigned
- A fundamental understanding of video continuity editing
- Experience with Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 & AudioDirector 4 editing software or similar programs
- Experience/understanding of Canon T3i, Zoom H1 hardware or similar hardware
- Understanding of Wirecast YouTube software is preferred
- 1-2 years experience in video production/film editing techniques
- Experience in the field of e-commerce preferred
- Ability to adapt to the video style of Paula’s Choice Skincare, consulting with the Social Media Manager as needed during the post-production process
- Incredible attention to detail, ability to pick out audio/video/continuity errors and correcting as needed
- Creativity is critical, as is the ability to follow instructions and learn from observing existing video content from Paula’s Choice
Reports To: Accounting Manager and/or Senior Accountant
FLSA Status: Full-time; non-exempt
Assistant accountants perform disbursement duties, including expense reimbursements, invoice processing, credit card entries and account reconciliations.
- Enter vendor invoices on a daily basis and ensure proper account and cost center coding
- Maintain fixed asset/intangible detailed listings and related roll-forwards
- Reporting and reconciliation of Sales and Use Taxes
- Record tax payments in system on a monthly basis
- Reconcile and record credit card expenses and related receipts
- Record all United States Postal Service charges
- Assist with Annual Budget creation
- Enter daily cash activity
- Other duties as assigned
- High attention to detail
- Excellent writing, grammatical and oral skills
- Self-starter and willingness to learn GAAP and new processes/procedures
- Ability to maintain composure while working under deadline pressures
- Ability to work cohesively with a variety of teams
- Ability to balance a variety of projects successfully at one time
- Must be comfortable sitting for long periods (up to eight hours).
- Inventory/manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience with payables a plus
- Experience with high-growth companies a plus
- The duties of this position may change at any time, based upon departmental need.
eCommerce Business Analyst
Reports To: Director of eCommerce Product Management
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
The business analyst will collaborate with product managers, user experience designers, and business stakeholders to solve business problems and capitalize on new features and opportunities for the Paula’s Choice global platform and PaulasChoice.com. The business analyst will focus on customer needs and business needs to ensure all use cases are identified and addressed as part of solution development.
- Critically evaluates information gathered from stakeholders, reconciles conflicts, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Decomposes high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding
- Creates and maintains document repositories to organize project requirements, business rules, use cases, wireframes, process workflow and other relevant documentation.
- Will successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 year degree (BA or BS) required, Business or Information Systems preferred
- 2-4 years experience as a business analyst
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high attention to detail required
- Experience with data analysis
- Excellent written and presentation skills with experience in effectively communicating with diverse work groups, executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team to ensure timely delivery of assignments is required
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time-management skills is required
International Demand & Logistics Planner
Reports To: Planning & Procurement Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Exempt
Manage forecasting & demand planning for all international sales to include our own direct sales and the growing distributor base. Assist Planning & Procurement Manager to sufficiently order and allocate inventory across all company priorities while meeting international needs.
- Analyze international distributor on a regular basis and give feedback to distributors as to their accuracy.
- Review orders upon receipt with the International Logistics Specialist, so they can communicate line item cancellations or decreases if necessary
- Enters/imports into Jeeves distributor forecasting provided by individual external distributors with a focus on Australia
- Coordinate with International Logistics Specialist to insure documents for indirect Distributor sales are prepared in a timely manner. Review for accuracy
- Arranges all direct international replenishment shipments (for now Australia) compares sales to inventory, allocate inventory to be transferred carefully balancing against domestic and other requirements, to cost effectively replenish inventory at Aussie 3PL to insure high order fill rate
- Prepares all documents and manages export of products to ensure all regulations are met
- Acts as the primary backup to the Import and Distribution Supervisor
- Monitors delivery and receipt at Aussie 3PL, holding vendor to timeliness Service Level Agreements
- Price list management for Australia website
- Update Accounting and required departments of order statuses as month end and other timelines approach as needed
- Track international order fulfillment rate with spreadsheet
- Attend as required distributor conference calls to answer any queries regarding order or product
- Review accuracy of invoices related to international shipments
- Availability to attend annual distributor summit
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years ERP System experience
- 1+ year experience in purchasing or international logistics
- Excellent skills in MS Office (with a focus on Excel)
- Attention to detail
- Proven customer service aptitude
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Associates Degree in Business preferred but not required
Marketing Intern: Hispanic Campaign
Reports To: Online Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: non-exempt; part-time; 3-4 week assignment
The marketing intern will assist Paula’s Choice marketing team in evaluating online promotion opportunities of the US Hispanic market. Primary responsibility will be to provide quality translation of various campaign elements, while accounting for many cultural and language nuances, as well as consumer insights.
- Work with the hiring manager on competitive research and analysis.
- Identify advertisers on Google Español (Bing/Yahoo) across key industry terms.
- Compile comparison analysis of keyword, ad, landing page strategies.
- Manage translation tasks.
- Translate the list of provided top keywords, identify search volume, competition and cost.
- Work with the copywriter to translate landing page(s) copy.
- Work with the PPC manager to translate ad(s) copy.
- Assist with other marketing assignments.
- Research potential alternative keywords using keyword tools and online research.
- Map keywords to ad copy and landing pages.
- Fluent in Spanish and English; or native Spanish speaker who is fluent in English.
- Understanding of the regional differences of the Spanish language.
- Strong interest in marketing disciplines, such as marketing research, online marketing, advertising.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to work independently or as part of the team.
Global Regulatory Manager
Department: Product Development
Reports To: Director of Product Development
FLSA Status: Full-time; Exempt
The Global Regulatory Manager acts as a project manager for global product licensing in all Paula’s Choice markets throughout key stages of the product lifecycle; particularly, coordinating and liaising with international distributors for successful completion of all product-related approvals and regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will have regulatory experience in the context of international trade for a global company as opposed to a legal or scientific focus.
- Oversees and manages all company activities related to global product licensing and compliance.
- Acts as a direct liaison with Paula’s Choice and our distributors in regards to regulatory affairs.
- Coordinates and resolves all regulatory-related issues, inquiries and requests from our international distributors.
- Works closely with international distributors and the Product Development team to complete all required product registrations and/or pre-market approvals necessary for importing, and to make sure the product dossiers meet pre and post-market requirements for all markets.
- Oversees product submissions necessary for registering Paula’s Choice products in international markets.
- Works closely with our contract manufacturers, testing houses, and in-house team to ensure global dossier compliance.
- Reviews and provides feedback for all product labeling and claims as needed for all markets.
- Identifies, negotiates and liaises with International Regulatory Consultants, Drug/Cosmetic Law firms, toxicologists and subject matter experts when needed for special projects.
- Researches the import regulations for international markets and compiles regulatory briefs on product compliance.
- Desire to work in the skin care industry is a must.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- At least 5+ years of regulatory compliance experience in the skin care industry (or a related industry)
- Knowledge of FDA regulatory requirements for cosmetics and OTC’s in the United States
- Knowledge of international regulatory requirements for Canada, Europe, Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, China, and ASEAN.
- Excellent research and analytical skills to find the appropriate sources and integrate information from global trade, regulatory, legal and scientific references
- Experience in working with contract manufacturers, testing labs, and regulatory consultants.
- Proficiency in SharePoint and Microsoft Office programs
- Self-directed, self-driven and proactive problem-solving skills
- Ability to integrate company-wide developments and cross-functional projects with regulatory needs of international markets
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and directives
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and excellent follow through
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Paula's Choice is looking to hire a full-time Warehouse Associate at our offices located in Renton, WA (July 2014 – Kent, WA).
The Warehouse Associate works in a team environment to ensure efficient daily operations and the accurate delivery of Paula’s Choice products to the consumer. A warehouse associate is required to perform a variety of warehousing functions to achieve that objective, including, but not limited too; picking product, packing product, inventory cycle counts and general warehouse cleanup and maintenance.
- Picking Paula’s Choice product to accurately fill customer orders
- Prepare and pack material, according to shipping instructions
- Ship pre-packed items
- Assist with inventory procedures
- Maintain a clean work area
- Receive incoming freight
- 1-2 years relevant warehouse experience
- Ability to become forklift certified
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to stand, walk, pull, reach, bend and squat during a 10 hours shift
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 40-50lbs
Customer Service Sales Consultant
Department: Customer Service
Reports To: Director of Customer Experience
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt; Full-Time
Are you a quick learner with prior customer service and skincare experience, who enjoys helping people find the best products for their skin-care needs? Do you have the ability to maintain your composure when working under pressure? Do you enjoy multitasking, problem solving and have a passion for customer service? If so, we are looking for you!
Paula's Choice is looking for a Full-Time Customer Service Sales Consultant to join our outstanding customer service sales team in our offices located in Renton, WA.
About the Position
As a member of our Customer Care Team, you will act as a brand ambassador to assist our new and existing retail clients with their skin-care needs. Frequent written and verbal interaction with our customers requires the ability to think quickly and constructively while maintaining a thorough understanding of the Paula's Choice brand and philosophy. From providing basic product information to working with customers on a range of skin care concerns, your expertise in service and selling will add value to this already dynamic team and help ensure that our customers are getting the world-class service we strive to provide every day.
We offer a supportive, encouraging work environment and have the greatest respect for our Customer Service/Sales Consultants because they serve as the starting point to making a great first impression on our clientele.
Paula's Choice offers a great benefit package including medical, dental, vision and a 401(k) retirement plan. We are conveniently located in the south Seattle/Renton area, near IKEA.
- Research, comprehend, and support the Paula's Choice brand and philosophy
- Must utilize exceptional writing and communicating skills
- Ability to research and understand the features, benefits, and application of Paula's Choice skin-care products
- Contribute to team meetings regarding new projects, ideas, and brainstorming
- Handle ongoing e-mail correspondence
- Participate actively in Live Chat communications
- Answer incoming telephone calls, monitor voicemail, and return calls
- Process orders submitted via web, phone, fax, and mail
- Troubleshoot with customers experiencing issues with products, shipments, or our Web site
- Successfully process returns and exchanges
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience as a Customer Service/Sales Consultant, makeup artist or esthetician
- High School degree required
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work a schedule that may include Saturday and Sunday shifts
- Team player with ability to work alone and manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle oneself gracefully under stress
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A strong passion for customer service and sales
- Strong problem-solving skills & attention to detail
- Accurate and fast data entry skills
- Experience with professional email correspondence
- Prior experience using Live Chat
- Ability to multi task
- Basic Microsoft suite skills
- Licensed Esthetician a plus
- Able to sit for long periods of time, up to eight hours
Human Resources and Payroll Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Human Resources Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt; Full-Time
Works with company departments to provide support for human resources and payroll programs and functions. Responsible for coordinating and assisting with payroll administration, as well as providing support in employee relations and other HR programs and functions.
- Enter and maintain all employee life-cycle changes into Paychex and HRIS systems
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 90+ employees as well as perform reporting duties associated with the payroll process
- Ensure the efficient, accurate and timely processing of payroll and related reporting
- Provides a high level of customer service, and ensures that there is a proper understanding of inquires as well as accurate, consistent and timely responses being provided to employees
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality in matters that require discretion
- Ensure integrity of all records, documentation and files
- Communicate with other team members in the Human Resources and Accounting Departments to ensure sharing of best practices and coordination on problem resolution
- Develop knowledge of company policies and procedures to effectively communicate guidelines when responding to daily inquiries
- Manage background checks for potential new hires
- Assist with recruitment process, including phone screens and reference checks
- Maintain a strong understanding of US employer compliance
- File papers and documents into appropriate employee files; perform paper and system audits as necessary
- Attend trainings and seminars as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Three years in Human Resources and/or Payroll administration
- Must demonstrate superior judgment and discretion while handling confidential information
- Display a dedication to high standards of ethical behavior
- Possession of basic knowledge of payroll laws and tax rules and regulations as well as a general working knowledge of accounting processes
- Must have basic HRIS and Payroll Systems knowledge
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments and competing deadlines
- The ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail is essential to success in this position
- Experience with Paychex is preferred but not required
Note: At any time, with our without notice, Paula’s Choice reserves the right to add/delete/change the position’s requirements.
E-mail your resume to: Careers@paulaschoice.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Note: Due to the growth potential of the company, Paula's Choice reserves the right to adjust or change the position's requirements at anytime, with or without notice.
We do not accept calls or drop-ins.
Paula's Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Paula's Choice Mission Statement
At Paula's Choice it is our mission to provide accurate and detailed assessments for thousands of cosmetic products from over 300 cosmetic companies worldwide while offering our own brilliantly formulated skin care and makeup products that work together in comprehensive systems based on what scientific published research proves is beneficial for skin. Our products successfully treat everything from acne to wrinkles, rosacea, sensitive skin, sun damage, dry skin, oily skin, and blackheads.
Paula's Choice products and information improve People's lives and empower them to take the best possible care of their skin. Because of our unique combination of research, reviews, and products development we instill confidence in our customers that they can turn to us for enhancing their own definition of being beautiful.
We guarantee 100% customer satisfaction and serve our customers in a professional, positive, and honest manner while maintaining standards of accountability, integrity, conviction, and community.
We are committed to creating a positive work environment that is responsive, supportive, fun, and challenging.