There are no items in your bag at this time.
Best Travel Skincare Advice
You’ve probably seen all kinds of advice about how to take care of your skin when traveling, but here’s a dirty little secret: Most of that advice will NOT help you take the best care of your skin!
For example: A common tip is to change the products you’re using, but we DON’T want you to do that! Buying new skincare products just because they come in a travel kit or are travel-sized isn’t the best approach.
Don’t let your skin suffer for a little extra room in your bag; risking a reaction to new products just isn’t worth it. Besides, unless they’re brilliant products, why would you even want to change?
At Paula’s Choice Skincare, most of our products are available in travel sizes or are already the perfect size for travel, and they can easily fit in your carry-on without needing to be in the one-quart bag! Check out our tips for traveling lighter and smarter, without compromising your skin’s appearance:
Essential Skincare Travel Tips
- Pare your routine down to the most important skincare products you use.
- Be careful about which products you transfer to smaller containers. The majority of the most important and beneficial ingredients begin to degrade on exposure to air, so transferring them into a jar or transparent container will compromise the formula’s effectiveness.
- Treatments for redness, clogged pores, and acne, as well as those that promote hydration and brightening should not be left at home because you must use them consistently to maintain the results.
- Use your face moisturizer around your eyes as well as on the rest of your face.
- Our LIP & BODY Treatment Balm needs to be on the plane with you; it works great for patches of extreme dryness anywhere, including around your eyes. (This is Paula’s favorite for her long-haul trips!)
- Sunscreen is always the most important item, but for warm-weather destinations, the amount you will need for your body will take up way too much space in your luggage. That means it’s best to buy those products when you get to where you’re going, or ship your favorites to your destination before you leave so they’re ready and waiting for you!
- Our facial sunscreens are the perfect size for your carry on, as is our RESIST Anti-Aging Lip Gloss SPF 40. Be sure to reapply sunscreen after a long-haul flight that arrives during the day.
- Facial masks can stay at home; you won’t have time for them anyway and you’ll probably indulge in some kind of spa appointment while you’re there (at least we hope you do!).
- Cleansers are one of the few products you can transfer into any travel-size container because the ingredients are stable whether exposed to air or not. For an even more convenient option, makeup remover wipes are handy for the plane and travel in general. Bonus: They're TSA-friendly for your carry-on luggage.
- Many of you love our toners, but, of all the steps you can leave out of your routine for a couple of weeks or weekend, this is the one.
- Don’t leave home without your BHA or AHA exfoliant! Your skin won’t be happy. Ours come in travel sizes, but they can also be transferred if needed because the basic ingredients can last the duration of a vacation.
- Scrubs, cleansing brushes, or other cleansing devices can stay at home; a soft washcloth with your face cleanser works perfectly,
- Body products are almost always too big for your luggage, and travel sizes last for only about two days; however, if you have bumps on your arms and legs you can’t go without the right leave-on exfoliant. Thankfully, our RESIST body products come in travel or sample sizes, too!
One more tip: Paula’s strong advice—Use the money you save with Paula’s Choice Skincare products to invest in the newest lightweight spinner luggage. Her largest piece of luggage weighs 8 pounds (3.6 kg); her carry-on weighs 5 pounds (2.2 kg). Talk about taking a load off!
Do you want to see more articles like this?
Get exclusive beauty advice delivered twice a month. Unsubscribe at any time.
About the Experts
Paula Begoun is the best-selling author of 20 books about skincare and makeup. She is known worldwide as The Cosmetics Cop and creator of Paula’s Choice Skincare. Paula’s expertise has led to hundreds of appearances on national and international radio, print, and television including:
The Paula's Choice Research Team is dedicated to busting beauty myths and providing expert advice that solves your skincare frustrations so you can have the best skin of your life!