$1,000 PASSWORD PAYOFF
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO SIGN A DECLARATION OF ELIGIBILITY AND ENTER INTO A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND AT THE DISCRETION OF SPONSOR, SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE A BACKGROUND CHECK.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU UNCONDITIONALLY AND IRREVOCABLY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES A LIMITATION OF YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
How To Enter:
This Contest is open to all residents of the United States of America who have reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the first day of the Contest Period. Paula’s Choice, LLC (the “Sponsor”), and its respective affiliates, franchisees, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies are collectively referred to herein as the “Contest Entities”. Employees of the Contest Entities and each of their immediate family members and/or those persons living in the same household (whether legally related or not) are all ineligible to enter or win the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and municipal laws.
To enter, you must login into your account and reset your password, between 12:00:00 am ET on July 17, 2017, and 11:59:59 pm ET on August 13, 2017 (the “Contest Period”), and your entry will automatically be included in one of four weekly draws that will take place during the Contest Period. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY to enter or win any Prize in the Contest. A maximum of one (1) entry per account may be submitted. The Contest closes at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 13, 2017.
Alternate Entry Method:
You may also enter the contest by completing an official entry form and mailing it with first class postage affixed to:
Paula’s Choice, LLC
$1,000 Password Payoff Contest
705 5th Ave. South, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98104
You may also request an official entry form by sending a written request to the address above. To be eligible for a weekly draw, all mail-in entries must be received by Paula’s Choice by the Sunday (at 11:59 pm) immediately preceding the Monday of each drawing. Entries received after August 13, 2017, will be disregarded and are not eligible for the contest. Mail-in entries must be legible and submitted in original hand-printed form. Entry forms that are mechanically reproduced or made in any fashion other than the official entry form are void. Limit 1 entry per account during the Contest Period.
Four (4) prizes (“Prize” or “Prizes”) will be awarded in this Contest. One (1) Prize will be awarded each week of the Contest Period for a total of four (4) Prizes. Each Prize is open to all eligible entrants; provided, however, each entrant is eligible to win only one (1) Prize during the Contest Period. Each Prize will consist of a credit of one thousand US dollars ($1,000.00 USD) to be loaded onto each winner’s account to be used solely to purchase Paula’s Choice products. The total approximate retail value of all of the Prizes is four thousand dollars ($4,000.00).
The Prizes consists only of the components expressly stated above.
The winner understands and agrees that the Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the winner at any time if the winner’s behavior is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of the Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the Sponsor.
No extensions of time will be permitted and the Prize cannot be exchanged, transferred, or substituted for cash except that Sponsor reserves the right to offer a comparable Prize in the event of an Act of God or other unforeseen circumstances. The Prize winner will not be entitled to receive, in cash, certificate, or otherwise, the balance of any amount representing the retail value of the Prize.
Additional Details Applicable to the Prizes:
No transfers, cash redemptions, or Prize substitutes will be awarded or honored. If a Prize winner does not accept or use the entire Prize awarded to him/her, the unaccepted or unused part of the Prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation to the winner with respect to that Prize or portion of the Prize.
The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
Any and all taxes assessed as a result of receiving the Prize will be the responsibility of the winner.
A random draw to determine each winner consisting of one (1) winner per week for a total of four (4) winners will be performed by the Sponsor on these dates:
- Monday, July 24, 2017 (for entries received between July 17, 2017, and July, 23, 2017);
- Monday, July 31, 2017 (for entries received between July 24, 2017, and July, 30, 2017);
- Monday, August 7, 2017 (for entries received between July 31, 2017, and August 6, 2017); and
- Monday, August 14, 2017 (for entries received between August 7, 2017, and August 13, 2017).
A representative of the Sponsor will notify the selected entrant by phone and/or email, such method to be determined in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, within approximately one (1) week of the draw dates specified above. If a selected entrant cannot be reached within ten (10) days (or such other deadline as may be stipulated by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) or if any Contest-related communication is rejected, faulty, or returned as undeliverable (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion), that selected entrant may be disqualified and another entry may be randomly selected. This process will be repeated if the new entrant cannot be reached until the representative of the Sponsor is able to successfully contact a selected entrant. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and will not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the selected entrant.
Contest results and/or a copy of these Official Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: $1,000 Password Payoff Contest, c/o Paula’s Choice, LLC, 705 5th Ave. South, Suite 200 , Seattle, WA 98104.
- If any Contest entry is submitted or obtained through fraudulent means or is in any way tampered with, it will be disqualified; such decision to be made by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. Entries that are forged, altered, incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, illegitimate, illegible, garbled, or generated by a macro, bot, or other automated means will not be accepted and will be void.
- All decisions of the Sponsor are final.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute Prizes or Prize components as well as to cancel or modify the Contest or the Prizes for any reason at any time without notice, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for printing, distribution, or production errors and may terminate, modify, or withdraw this Contest if any related materials are found to contain such errors, without liability and without notice, at its sole discretion.
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, or misdirected entries, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, computer equipment, software, e-mail delivery, or failure or delay of any e-mail, correspondence, or entry to be received. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest should a virus, bug, or other cause beyond its reasonable control corrupts the security or proper administration of the Contest. Entrants agree to abide by these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final.
- Each winner will be required to promptly sign and return to the Sponsor a declaration of eligibility and enter into a release of liability in favor of the Contest Entities or the winner’s Prize will be forfeited.
- Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Rules. By entering the Contest, each winner agrees to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If a Prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor intends to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor or Contest Entity, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the Prize may be awarded to an alternative winner.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY EXPRESSLY RELEASES EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND CONTRACTORS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS, EXPENSES, AND LIABILITY SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY THE ENTRANT ARISING FROM THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, ILLNESS, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASEES BE LIABLE TO AN ENTRANT, OR TO ANY WINNER FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS OR PURE ECONOMIC LOSS, AND IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASEES TO ANY ENTRANT, OR WINNER EXCEED THE LESSER OF: (I) THE DIRECT DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY SUCH PERSON; OR (II) THE SUM OF ONE HUNDRED US DOLLARS ($100.00 USD), REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING CONTRACT (INCLUDING FUNDAMENTAL BREACH), TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR STRICT LIABILITY.
- By entering this Contest, the winner authorizes the Sponsor to use his or her name, photograph, voice, likeness, comments, and photograph without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor. The names, addresses, and any other personal information obtained from the Contest entrants will only be used for the sole purpose of selecting a winner, unless otherwise specified. By participating in the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsor the right to use the information contained in his/her Contest entry (“Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Contest winner; (ii) grants to the Sponsor the right to use the Information, photograph, or such other personal information as the entrant may disclose to the Sponsor for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsor may disclose the winner’s Information or personal information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsor in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and (ii) above.
- PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH CAREFULLY BECAUSE IT REQUIRES YOU TO ARBITRATE DISPUTES INDIVIDUALLY AND PREVENTS YOU FROM SUING IN COURT OR HAVING A JURY TRIAL. Subject as set out below, any dispute, claim, or controversy arising out of or related to the Contest or these Rules and the breach, termination, enforcement, interpretation, or validity thereof, including the determination of the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration. Notwithstanding the preceding sentence, neither you nor Sponsor are required to arbitrate any dispute in which either party seeks equitable or other relief for the alleged unlawful use of copyrights, trademarks, trade names, logos, trade secrets, or patents. The state and federal courts located in King County, Washington will have exclusive jurisdiction over any suit not subject to arbitration. You and Sponsor will (a) notify each other of any dispute within 30 days of when it arises and (b) attempt informal resolution prior to any demand for arbitration. Arbitration will be administered by Judicial Dispute Resolution, LLC (or its successor) pursuant to its rules of arbitration, and conducted by a single arbitrator in Seattle, Washington, USA, unless the arbitrator determines differently. The language of the arbitration will be English. Except as expressly provided herein, the arbitrator has the authority to grant any remedy that would otherwise be available in Court. The Contest and these Rules, including any disputes hereunder, will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the state of Washington, including the federal laws of the United States of America applicable in that state, without giving effect to that state’s conflict of laws principles. Whether the dispute is heard in arbitration or in Court, you and Sponsor will not commence against the other a class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- If for any reason, in the opinion of the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, the Sponsor is not capable of administering the Contest as originally planned, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond its control, then the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify, amend, extend, or suspend the Contest, and/or select a winner from previously received eligible entries.
- “Paula’s Choice” is a registered trademark of Paula’s Choice, LLC.