Privacy & Security
Last modified: February 16, 2017
This policy applies to information we may collect via the Site and via email, text, or other electronic messages between you and us.
This policy does not apply to information collected when you communicate with us by any other means, including through other websites operated by us or a third party or information about you collected by a third party.
By accessing or using the Site, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree with this policy, then you should not access or use the Site. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of the Site after we make changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information from you when you use the Site:
- “Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, which may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
- “Non-Personal Information” is information that does not identify you personally, such as your browser type, your internet connection, your IP address, the URL of the previous web site you visited, the equipment you use to access the Site, and details about how you use the Site.
This policy refers to Personal Information and Non-Personal Information collectively as “Information.”
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect Information about you (1) when you provide it to us, and (2) automatically through the Site.
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide us with your Information, including when you:
- Visit the Site;
- Register or create an account on the Site;
- Make a purchase through the Site;
- Contact us; or
- Submit a product review.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access and use the Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to automatically collect certain Information about you, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data (based on IP address), logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site; or
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We and our service providers may use some of the following technologies to automatically collect Information about your activities on our Site.
|Technology||How it Works|
|Flash Cookies||Flash Cookies (also called local stored objects) collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site.|
|Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags||Web beacons are transparent image files used to monitor your journey around our Site and can help us understand how you interact with our Site.|
|Web server logs||Web server logs are a historical record of your activity in connection with your use of our Site. For example, a web server log may record the search term you used that directed you to our Site. It may also collect information about the browser you use when visiting our Site, and other metadata related to your device.|
|Geo-location technologies||Geo-location technologies, including your IP address, may allow us to determine your location.|
We may also use these technologies to collect Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Third Party Partners and Service Providers
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the Information provided by or collected from you in order to:
- Make the Site available to you;
- Provide you with information, products, or services;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the Information;
- Improve the Site and our business; or
- To provide you with notices about your account.
We may also use this information in any other way we may describe at the time you provide the Information to us, and for any other purpose with your consent.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following ways:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (for example, if you give us an email address in order to provide you with more information about the Site or our services, we will use that email address to provide the requested information to you, and we may disclose your email address to a service provider performing related services on our behalf, as described below);
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business, including for such purposes as fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, providing marketing assistance, analyzing customer data, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service;
- To the general public when you include your Personal Information in your posts or comments on the Site, including, product reviews;
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our business or assets; and
- To our affiliates and related companies.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Paula’s Choice or its affiliates, customers, or others.
We may disclose aggregated and anonymous information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, to third-parties to help us improve the Site and our business.
YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
You have the following choices regarding how your Information is used:
- To update or correct your Personal Information: You can update your Personal Information by logging into your account on the Site, or by emailing custserv@PaulasChoice.com.
- To stop receiving physical mail and/or emails from Paula’s Choice: You can click on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail you receive or update your email preferences in your account on the Site. To stop receiving catalogues or other physical mailings from us, please email custserv@PaulasChoice.com. We reserve the right to email or otherwise contact you with respect to important information, notices or changes relating to your account, our products and services.
- To remove content posted by you: You can remove content you have posted on a public space on the Site by emailing your request to custserv@PaulasChoice.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not currently make such disclosures.
DATA PROCESSING AND STORAGE
We and our third party service providers may process or store your personal information outside of the United States (or the country in which you reside, as applicable). In accordance with the laws of those countries, in certain circumstances your personal information may be accessible by foreign law enforcement, regulatory bodies or other authorities. For more information of our use of foreign service providers please contact us as described below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we have measures in place to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. You understand that you are providing your Personal Information to us at your own risk. We are not responsible for failure or circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we may have in place to protect your Personal Information.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not make a purchase, register, or submit Personal Information to us. If we learn that we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any Personal Information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at custserv@PaulasChoice.com.
We may modify or amend this policy from time to time. The date this policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page and the terms of this policy are effective as of that date.
To ask questions or provide comments about this policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Paula’s Choice, LLC
Attn: Client Services
705 5th Ave. South, Suite 200
Seattle, WA 98104